Thursday, November 9, 2017

Our favorite men's podcasts

Justin

These aren't all men-specific, but help establish an entertaining knowledge base that an enlightened bro might be interested in. There’s a heavy side-hustle focus, and of course, a nice enlightened focus. I want to be thinking about side hustles and understand the bigger context within which we’re trying to create these side hustles, hence the news podcasts.

Stuff You Should Know

These guys know their stuff. Hence the title. They’ve inspired me to be smarter about what I’m talking about. They’re so smart. In fact, they were smart enough to include some of the same stuff about beer history that we went through in our episode 2 about "effin IPAs." I presume they may have heard our podcast, loved it so much, then taken a time machine back and recorded it before we recorded ours. Time travel is a big theme with our podcast. So it's totally possible.

Side Hustle School

This polished provides a brief explanation of side hustles and how they got started. I really appreciate it because it’s a quick bite-sized piece that gives you some good food for thought on a regular basis.

Art of Manliness

Brett McKay is the godfather of men’s new media. Or something like that. Art of Manliness was my instruction manual for a my pivotal yo-pro years. His guests are thought leaders and experts in their field. I recently listened to a discussion with an author on the history of camping. What a brilliant topic that Brett must have stolen from us in the future and gone back in a time machine because we’re totally going to do that some day soon.

HBR Ideacast

This little nugget of wisdom is usually pulled from larger articles published in Harvard Business Review. Who couldn't use intelligent tips to unleash on your high-impact corporate job, if you have one. And if not, these are likely often relevant for the rest of you bros "doing what you love," or whatever.

Life Time Cash Flow through Real Estate Investing with Rod Khlief

I've been on a real estate kick recently doing some work with a friend of mine who’s crushing it on AirBnB. Rod’s podcast is a good one that focuses on the benefits of apartment buildings more so than single-family houses, while….

Bigger Pockets

...focuses a lot on the success in single family buy-rehab-rent-refinance-repeat model. They really make it sound like a great way to start building semi-passive income.

NY Times The Daily

NY Times gives a fairly quick bite-sized piece about the headline(s) of the day. I don’t read the newspaper every morning over orange juice and toast before I put on my short sleeved button up, get in my Chrysler station wagon, and drive to my job like it’s the 1980s, so it’s nice to get the latest world happenings on the commute.

NPR Planet Money


This is a great podcast that covers some sort of economic story in depth really well with millennial-friendly looseness and humor that one might gravitate toward in a podcast. Sounds awfully enlightened….

Enlightened Bros



They're just getting started, but these guys have got it figured out. Well, we're figuring it out. But we think you might like this thing, because as much as I might hate the sound of my own voice, I get a chuckle out of myself, and they always say if you laugh at your own jokes, then you've got incredible podcast material, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

EB10: Star Wars 5) The Last Last Jedi

Ok folks - we didn't love this one. And it sounds like a lot of fans didn't either. I was watching the Today Show this morning ...